Northern California Embezzlement Attorney

Call 916-443-6593 immediately if you are accused of embezzlement. You need an embezzlement attorney to represent you in court. This can be theft from an employer, or misuse of resources that have been entrusted to you. Besides facing criminal or civil penalties, being accused of embezzlement will affect your employment and may prevent you from finding work in the future. Mark Sollitt is a criminal defense attorney who is experienced with criminal embezzlement cases, and well versed in California embezzlement law.

What An Embezzlement Accusation Means

Embezzlement doesn’t always mean theft, and doesn’t always concern large amounts of money. In fact, you could be accused if you use something entrusted to you without permission. If you are accused of taking a firearm, a car, or property valued over $950, then your charges become grand theft and can be charged as a felony or misdemeanor. Grand theft penalties start at one year of jailtime and increase depending on the circumstances of your case. If you are charged with petty theft, you face up to 6 months in jail and/or fines.

Risks & Penalties For Embezzlement

Besides the risk of incarceration, embezzlement charges are damaging to your reputation. If accusations become public, you will likely have trouble finding work in the future. You need to quickly address these charges and seek a dismissal before they get too much attention. Preserving your reputation and avoiding criminal penalties are Mark’s two top priorities when he represents you. He will handle your case properly and quickly to minimize criminal and civil penalties as well as harm to your reputation. He has no problem taking your case to trial, but may suggest a plea bargain if it protects your reputation. In any case, Mark will advise you of the options and risks you face. Your freedom and reputation are important, so he will always help you make decisions that are in your best interest.

Protecting Your Reputation

Your employer may also be liable for defamation of character if they have publicly and wrongfully accused you. You may be eligible to seek compensation for the harm to your reputation. Mark Sollitt and his team can help you with all aspects of your case, from initial accusations to filing countersuits.

Hire An Experienced Attorney

Call Mark Sollitt 24/7 and set up a consultation. He will personally meet with you and discuss your options. When you hire Mark, you get his attention. He does not delegate your case to a junior partner, and he does not seek a quick plea to cash out. His reputation is as important as yours, and he treats both with the utmost respect. Call right now, 916-443-6593.